More than a race, it's a family festival in South City on June 27, 2015!
The Macklind Mile is more than just getting outside...you can run fast or stroll slow...you can race to compete or move to complete. There will be live music, food and activities following the short one mile course which makes it perfect for hanging out in the streets of South City St Louis with other kids and kids-at-heart. Keep in touch with us on our Macklind Mile Facebook page.
If this is your first time at the Macklind Mile, know this: it's a one mile distance that everyone can do regardless of running or walking, and the post-race party is just as important as the distance covered! You can come to run the downhill, one mile course to try and set a personal record, or you can walk it with your family pet - but either way you're partying at the finish line!
THERE ARE FIVE RUNNING EVENTS - SCHEDULE OF EVENTS COMING SOONEVENT ONE - Male & Female Recreational (Walkers, Strollers, Pets, non-competitive)
EVENT TWO - Men's Competitive Race
EVENT THREE - Women's Competitive Race
EVENT FOUR - Elite Race
EVENT FIVE - Kids' Quarter Mile Dash
Award Ceremony and Street Party to follow! (live music, beer, food, smoothies, activities and more!)
All events are timed using Chronotrack chip technology except the kids' quarter mile dash
This event is for those wanting to push the stroller, walk the dog and just have some casual fun. There is no pressure in this event, just good 'ol fashioned fun! Nonetheless, even this wave features Chronotrack chip timing.
Men's and Women's Competitive Race
Looking to set a PR? Then this race is for you. With timing provided by Chronotrack chip technology, you'll be competing against yourself, your age group and your gender. Lace up!
Kids' Quarter Mile Dash
The Kids' quarter mile dash, a fan favorite, continues on! The race will begin near the intersection of Winona and Macklind. All finishers will receive a ribbon. We do have youth shirt sizes to accommodate all of our younger participants.
- In the Competitive Race:
- Top three men and women in each age group
- Overall top three men and top three women
- In the Elite Race:
- Overall top three men and top three woman
- Age Groups: under 10, 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+
- In the Kids 1/4 mile dash, ribbons will be awarded to all participants. Age is limited to 10 and under.
Packet Pick-upPacket pickup dates, times, and locations will be posted soon!
ParkingParticipants are strongly encouraged to park near the finish line, which is at Macklind and Devonshire. Arrive early, it is mostly street parking, and you'll have plenty of time to get to the start line. Note: Participants are responsible for returning to their vehicles upon the conclusion of the race and post-race party.
- Arrive early for street parking near the finish line at Macklind and Devonshire. Obey all street signs and respect our neighbors please.
- DO NOT park in the YMCA parking lot on Sublette near the start line. They have requested this to accomodate already scheduled programs taking place at the facility.