More than a race, it's a family festival in South City on June 28, 2014!
The Macklind Mile is more than just getting outside...you can run fast or stroll slow...you can race to compete or move to complete. There will be live music, food and activities following the short one mile which makes it perfect for hanging out in the streets of South City St Louis with other kids and kids-at-heart. And by the way, how about letting us know what you'd like to see at the finish line by sharing it on the official Macklind Mile Facebook page? The more buzz, the more fun we can make it!
If this is your first time at the Macklind Mile, know this: it's a one mile distance that everyone can do regardless of running or walking and the post-race party is just as important as the distance covered! You can either come to run the downhill one mile course to try and set a personal record or you can walk it with Fido, but either way you partying at the finish line!
THERE ARE FIVE EVENTSEVENT ONE - 8:00 AM - Male & Female Recreational (Walkers, Strollers, Pets, non-competitive)
EVENT TWO - 8:30 AM - Men's Competitive Race
EVENT THREE - 8:45 AM - Women's Competitive Race
EVENT FOUR - 9:05 AM - Elite Race
EVENT FIVE - 9:20 AM - Kids' Quarter Mile Dash
9:35 AM - Awards Ceremony
9:50 AM – 12 PM - Street Party (live music, beer, food, smoothies, activities and more!)
All events are timed using Chronotrack chip technology except the kids' quarter mile dash
This event is for those wanting to push the stroller, walk the dog and just have some casual fun. There is no pressure in this event, just good 'ol fashioned fun! Nonetheless, even this wave features Chronotrack chip timing.
Men's and Women's Competitive Race
Looking to set a PR? Then this race is for you. With timing provided by Chronotrack chip technology, you'll be competeting against yourself, your age group and your gender. Lace up!
Kids' Quarter Mile Dash
The Kids' quarter mile dash, a fan favorite, continues on! The race will begin at 9:20 near the intersection of Winona and Macklind. All finishers will receive a ribbon. We do have youth shirt sizes to accommodate all of our younger participants. Please begin heading up to the starting location at 9:10
- In the Competitive Race:
- Top three men and women in each age group
- Overall top three men and top three women
- In the Elite Race:
- Overall top three men and top three woman
- Age Groups: under 10, 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+
- In the Kids 1/4 mile dash, ribbons will be awarded to all participants
Packet Pick-upPacket pickup begins Tuesday, June 24 and ends on race day June 28, all for fun and your convenience, with many thanks to some of our AWESOME sponsors! Here is the timeline:
- Tuesday, June 24 from 9 am until 6 pm at SSM Physical Therapy in Creve Coeur. Their location is 12382 Olive Blvd., Creve Coeur, MO 63141. 314-453-9675
- Wednesday, June 25 from 8 am until 8 pm at Smoothie King in Kirkwood. 465A South Kirkwood Rd., Kirkwood, MO 63122. 314.821.4770. Be sure to like Smoothie King on Facebook and feel privelaged with awesome deals just for participants when you pick up your smoothie here!
- Thursday, June 26 from 10 am until 8 pm at Big River Running Company in West County AND Big River Running Compnay in South City. Both locations can be found here.
- Friday, June 27 from 10 am until 4 pm at Big River Running Company in West County AND Big River Running Compnay in South City. Both locations can be found here.
- Friday, June 27 from 5 pm until 8 pm during the PASTA PARTY hosted by Carrollton Bank and catered by Stellina Pasta. The location is at Carrollton Bank 5807 Murdoch Ave, St. Louis, MO 63109
- Saturday, June 28 from 6:30 am until 7:30 am on RACE MORNING. *We strongly encourage you to pickup in advance to both make life easier on event day and to support the amazing sponsors!
Pre-Race Pasta PartyFREE FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS courtesy of Stellina Pasta...delicious! Join us at Carrolton Bank on Friday, June 27th from 5pm to 8pm for a pre-race pasta party. Grab a plate and enjoy plenty of cheer with your fellow race participants. Make it two in one! This is also a packet pickup location.
ParkingParticipants are strongly encouraged to park near the finish line, which is at Macklind and Devonshire. Arrive early, it is mostly street parking, and you'll have plenty of time to get to the start line. Note: Participants are responsible for returning to their vehicles upon the conclusion of the race and post-race party)
- Arrive early for street parking near the finish line at Macklind and Devonshire. Obey all street signs and respect our neighbors please.
- DO NOT park in the YMCA parking lot on Sublette near the start line. They have requested this to accomodate already scheduled programs taking place at the facility.
- Additional parking is available at Buder School, which is located near the finish line at Wherry and Macklind. THANK YOU BUDER SCHOOL! Again, arrive early because it will fill up fast!